Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bvnk/www/theageof.info/htdocs/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bvnk/www/theageof.info/htdocs/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
DAVID HODGES - PASSENGERS: SIRENS EP
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 05:01 am

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DAVID HODGES - PASSENGERS: SIRENS EP  (Read 2015 times)
zyklon
Welcome to a new beginning

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2014, 04:07 pm »

What's everyone think?

Rob S
In its time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 08:13 pm »

After one full listen, I really really like it. David does a great job of giving these songs a new kind of character. I love that he doesn't use the auto-tuner in his voice like with the last Passengers EP...that bugged me a bit. I don't listen to a lot of pop music, so I had to look up the original artists of most of these songs.
I think that this will definitely blend in well with the DH playlist I have going.
Aalez
Global Moderator
I will stay forever here

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 04:41 am »

I like it.
And have to agree with previous comment, no auto-tune = better.

28:06:42:12 
Rob S
In its time

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 09:05 pm »

After several additional listens, I have to say that I really love this EP. A few of the songs sound like they are DH originals (again, I hadn't heard 4 of the 6 songs before hearing this).
I really like all of the original songs on the Weapons EP, so I think I appreciate that one differently because I grew up on those songs. These songs (on Sirens) have a totally different vibe and beauty, but no nostalgia, so I get a very different feeling listening to them. I can appreciate them without thinking back to yesteryear.
I am glad that DH was willing to take such a big risk with these songs (female pop songs). It definitely paid off in the end. Fantastic.
Aalez
Global Moderator
I will stay forever here

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 08:16 am »

Tried to listen to Lana Del Rey's version of "Video Games" for the first time. Couldn't make it past first verse. David's cover is so much better.

28:06:42:12 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: