Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bvnk/www/theageof.info/htdocs/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Here I am, behind the melody
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 09:49 pm

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Here I am, behind the melody  (Read 8401 times)
shadowwolf218
Welcome to a new beginning

"Behind the melody, the words don't mean a thing."

silverwolf218@hotmail.com silverwolf218
View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 28, 2012, 06:19 pm »

Well, I finally made my way over here.
I don't suppose anybody remembers me from the ancient days?

Ah well. My name is Chris.
I've been aware of Mr. Hodges for some time (Trading Yesterday, Age of Information) and just recently decided to check into his musical career again to see if there was anything new.

'Lo and behold, there have been some new developments!
So here I am, prepared to do some exploring.

Hello everyone.

- C

"Behind the melody, the words don't mean a thing.
But every tone I play will give whatever I've not said away."
blackvulture
Administrator
I will stay forever here

"so release me"

BVulture
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 08:22 pm »

Welcome back. The name is a little familiar.
There is plenty of new material to check out when you let it build up over the last 5 years.

-Kevin

I get so lost in a crowd of me
And I donít even know the man I used to be
shadowwolf218

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 08:58 pm »

Indeed. I don't suppose you were on the Evboard forums, some years ago? Blackvulture seems familiar.

The latest I've heard was "Hard to Believe." Any recommendations on where to start from there?
blackvulture
Administrator
I will stay forever here

"so release me"

BVulture
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 07:53 am »

I'd say check out the discography and go down the list:
http://www.davidhodges.info/lyrics.shtml

I get so lost in a crowd of me
And I donít even know the man I used to be
shadowwolf218

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 02:19 pm »

Seems like a reasonable plan. Smiley
Lyradi
I will stay forever here

Sexy Good List

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 06:30 am »

How strange to see you here! Did you find anything you liked in the discography?
shadowwolf218

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 09:49 am »

Hey! Yeah, nowhere near as active on forums as I once was, but I'm still around from time to time.

I really enjoyed The Rising, though that was some time ago. I've still got the Arrows to Athens album and the first December Sessions in my song queue, been a bit distracted by other new sounds lately.
Suspect I'll get the second December Sessions if I get into the first. Saving it for days with some extra spare time - there's actually a local music fest dominating my weekend right now.
Lyradi
I will stay forever here

Sexy Good List

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 05:54 pm »

Hey! Yeah, nowhere near as active on forums as I once was, but I'm still around from time to time.

I really enjoyed The Rising, though that was some time ago. I've still got the Arrows to Athens album and the first December Sessions in my song queue, been a bit distracted by other new sounds lately.
Suspect I'll get the second December Sessions if I get into the first. Saving it for days with some extra spare time - there's actually a local music fest dominating my weekend right now.

Sounds fantastic, I'm jealous about the music festival part! You definitely need to listen to those albums, they're each fantastic in their own unique way. Personally, I'm more a fan of the December Sessions stuff (but having said that, it may simply be that I've listened to them a lot more than the A2A album... might need to rectify that!) but your taste might be more in the Arrows to Athens vein.

Hope you're well!
shadowwolf218

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 10:13 pm »

Sounds fantastic, I'm jealous about the music festival part! You definitely need to listen to those albums, they're each fantastic in their own unique way. Personally, I'm more a fan of the December Sessions stuff (but having said that, it may simply be that I've listened to them a lot more than the A2A album... might need to rectify that!) but your taste might be more in the Arrows to Athens vein.

Hope you're well!

It's a yearly thing, mostly local talent. Was a hysterical acoustic cover band all dressed as pirates, the other night. Huge kick out of that, obviously. Also overheard bits of a funk version of Pink Floyd's "The Wall," which I will endeavor to track down - whether for amusement or enjoyment, who knows.

I suspect, as is usual with Hodges and some others, that my favorites will vary immensely depending on what day of the week it is. But I'm hoping to get a crack at those albums sometime next week, so we'll see! Arrows to Athens just made it a few slots higher on the list, in any case. Thanks for the recommendation.

And I am, as always. I hope your adventures are going just as well, if not better. =)
Lyradi
I will stay forever here

Sexy Good List

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 02:03 am »

Haha that sounds hilarious!

You're welcome! Incidentally, you should also look up Tonight Alive - I suspect you'd like them, they're a little bit Gone Til November ish... that girl can seriously sing! I saw them live in Brisbane and they rocked hard.

Thanks! My adventures are certainly adventures right about now, that's for sure. Moved to the UK for my then-boyfriend, who is now, of course, my ex boyfriend. Fun times. I'm glad things are going well for you Smiley
shadowwolf218

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 07:19 pm »

It was. Smiley

I've actually heard some Tonight Alive. They came up in my Youtube explorations, somehow. Can't quite remember the context, but The Ocean is a pretty good track. Will have to hunt down that album sometime too. Have you heard anything by Bellusira? They just left Australia to take a shot at things here in the US. Cachango and Closer are really great tracks.

The UK? Wow...about as far from Oz as you can get without leaving the planet - bit of a jump. Sorry to hear the then-bf didn't work out. Hope you've salvaged the value of the landscape, though...imagine London would be a cool place to spend some time. Dunno if you're there or elsewhere. You should visit the Doctor Who museum thing or something, in any case. =P

Yeah, things are much more stable than I've had for awhile. Stuck without a roommate for right now, so I'm getting a bit of cabin fever, but otherwise very shiny. =)
Lyradi
I will stay forever here

Sexy Good List

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 12:28 pm »

Hmm, I'll check 'em out - thanks for the rec.

Yeah it's a bit crazy lol. Thanks. It may not surprise you to hear it was my fault - ah well. I'm making the best of it, want to give life here a proper shot. I'm not in London but yes, I plan to spend time there (only been there briefly so far). I did Stratford-Upon-Avon the other day, so that was awesome.

Great Smiley Still at college? or new adventures?
shadowwolf218

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 08:38 pm »

No problem. They've got a nice sound. Did you catch the new(est) Fair to Midland, btw? Been out awhile now, but they don't exactly get great advertising...The album is called Arrows and Anchors. Not commenting on the resemblance to Arrows to Athens as far as titles go. =P

Something of a surprise, actually, but I'm glad you are making the best of it.
Stratford-Upon-Avon? I might have known. Sounds lovely. =) Did you do the whole Bard tour type thing, or just freely explore?

I've switched away from Chemical Engineering and opted into Biochemistry, so I'm still in school. Not as much transfers as you might expect, for whatever reason. Decided to slow things down and not kill myself with studies anymore, so I picked up a job at an auto parts store and am only averaging half-time for college. Just got promoted too, so huzzah for that.

What about you? Finish up a degree and all that fun stuff?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: