Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/bvnk/www/theageof.info/htdocs/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
8/4/2009 - Showcase Live - Foxboro, MA
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 11:39 am

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 8/4/2009 - Showcase Live - Foxboro, MA  (Read 11604 times)
Andrew
Administrator
I will stay forever here

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2009, 06:34 am »

SOLD OUT
opening for Daughtry

i'll be there! and there will be videos!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:00 am by h2a » Logged

If love's a word that you say, then say it. I will listen.
Katie
is always right
Administrator
I will stay forever here

i am tired. i am true of heart!

sheisthesunlight@hotmail.com sheisthesunlight sheisthesunlight
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 08:41 am »

and I'm still bitter. and I still think you're a jerk.

<3K
blackvulture
Administrator
I will stay forever here

"so release me"

BVulture
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 08:43 am »

someday you'll have to tell me how you managed to swing that.

I get so lost in a crowd of me
And I donít even know the man I used to be
Cfw828
In its time

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 09:02 pm »

Someone's seriously got to Youtube this. I could say the same for the rest of the shows, but this is the first so it's special Smiley

Lonely finds me...one day...you will come...<3
Andrew
Administrator
I will stay forever here

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 05:15 am »

Someone's seriously got to Youtube this. I could say the same for the rest of the shows, but this is the first so it's special Smiley

i will video what i can, but i wont be making the videos public until after the album is out, out of respect for David.

thats not to say you're not going to be able to see them privately. but youtube isn't the option yet.

iyiinsan
Not confined to steady ground

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 01:48 pm »

We should have this special, automated fan-membership-system-thingy that is based on the boards user database and our own set of rules. You know, 5 posts gets you old songs, 250 posts gets you videos, 750 posts gets you unreleased tracks, etc. (Or registration date based... Whatev.)

And maybe an overall board and site redesign...

Just a thought... (Which I can help come true, by the way. I've been working with hooking custom applications to off-the-shelf CMS' lately, and getting data from SMF database should be really easy...)

I'd like to die with the songs I love stuck in my head.
Katie
is always right
Administrator
I will stay forever here

i am tired. i am true of heart!

sheisthesunlight@hotmail.com sheisthesunlight sheisthesunlight
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 06:09 pm »

i will video what i can, but i wont be making the videos public until after the album is out, out of respect for David.

thats not to say you're not going to be able to see them privately. but youtube isn't the option yet.

i have to say I don't understand your logic, here. If he's playing the songs live, then they're out there. Having some really decent quality live recordings can spark interest in a band... it's a great way to get his sound out there... we hear the music and can't wait to hear the recorded versions. yes?

yes.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 06:11 pm by Katie » Logged

<3K
Andrew
Administrator
I will stay forever here

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 06:57 pm »

i have to say I don't understand your logic, here. If he's playing the songs live, then they're out there. Having some really decent quality live recordings can spark interest in a band... it's a great way to get his sound out there... we hear the music and can't wait to hear the recorded versions. yes?

yes.

if video recording is permitted in the venue, then the videos will be fair game. although, they will be crappy cell phone video.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 07:14 pm by h2a » Logged

Lyradi
I will stay forever here

Sexy Good List

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 06:24 am »

You know, 5 posts gets you old songs, 250 posts gets you videos, 750 posts gets you unreleased tracks, etc.

you do realise that doing that gets me pretty much anything i want, right?

just checking Tongue
blackvulture
Administrator
I will stay forever here

"so release me"

BVulture
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 07:45 pm »

waits eagerly for news back of this event.

iyiinsan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 09:29 pm »

waits eagerly for news back of this event.

same here..

Apparently, he "just saw the best concert ever."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:32 pm by iyiinsan » Logged

Andrew
Administrator
I will stay forever here

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 04:51 am »

Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present to you my 2000th post.

The show was taking place at Showcase Live, part of Patriot Place where Gillette Stadium is. I got to the venue at 1:30pm when there were about 15 of us in line waiting for the General Admission show. David had confirmed with me that I was on the guest list earlier that day so a little later I checked with the box office to pick up my ticket but they did not have his will call tickets. They told me to come back later, so i went and made friends with people in line.

At about 4pm they allowed the Daughtry VIP ticket holders to enter to get their photos with the band and for sound check. I was still ticketless and waiting in line. Enjoying myself but a little uneasy not having a ticket. About an hour later, a woman who knew I was waiting for my ticket gave me an extra she had gotten for free just in case they never got David's guest list.

6:00pm comes along and I never did get David's ticket for me but I went in with the free ticket someone gave me. At 6:47pm I received and email on my iPhone from David asking me if I was on my way, because they were going on in 10 minutes and my ticket was on hold still. Little did he know, I'd already been there for more than 6 hours, and was standing front and center waiting for the show.

So the show begins and the band comes out. They opened with The Rising which was awesome. The crowd was definitely buying it. Then he started a new song called Chase the Sun. This is where he finally noticed me standing there during the second stanza of the first verse. I got a smile and a nod as he saw me there video-recording the entire thing. The rest of the set list was as follows: Another Red Light, Run (Snow Patrol cover), Tell Her Something, Ghosts in the Water, and ending with Hard to Believe.

When David's set ended, I was exhausted and so giving up my spot in the front and center, I went to the bathroom and then just stood on the back wall waiting for Daughtry to end so that I could meet up with D and the band at the merch table after the show. Daughtry put on a great show and sounded really clear.

Daughtry finished up his last song, Home, and I ran to the exit to hit up the merch table. When I got there, the guy working there said Hodges was there after his part of the show, but wasn't sure if he'd be back now. I panicked because I didn't realize I had misinterpreted David's email that apparently said "merch table after OUR set" which in a rush, i had translated as "after the concert." So I bought some CDs and then decided to see if I could find David.

In a craze, I went around asking if anyone knew if David was still around. I went back to the merch table and asked the woman there if there was anyone she could ask and she told me to check by the buses so I went to the tour buses and asked one of the guards there to see if they could find him for me.

Shortly after they were checking on it for me, I felt a tap on the shoulder and the woman from the merch table motioned for me to follow her. David was back and signing his CDs. There weren't that many people so I went up to the table and slapped down my pile of CDs and that's when we first really got to talk.

I congratulated him on a great show and then started opening the CDs so he could sign them. Remembering that I had a gift for David, I opened up my bag and handed him a black gift bag. He opened it up and pulled out the My Little Pony I had gotten him on behalf of the fans at TheAgeOf.Info.

He called over to Steven to show him the toy then Steven was like "is that Andrew?! THE Andrew?!" Then he proceeded to run over to me and give me a hug and a handshake.

So I stood behind, beside and in front of the mercy table for the next 20 minutes to half hour talking with the guys and the new fans until the guys from the venue decided it was time to lock up and tried to kick me out. This is when Steven yelled at them telling them "He's with us!" although I don't think they fully understood that he didn't mean that It was okay if i just hang around for a bit, but that I was actually going to be WITH them because he still kept saying I needed to go until David and Steven were both like "No, he is going to be with us for the rest of the night."

David and Steven then took me backstage where we grabbed a beer and were talking for a little bit. Chris Daughtry came in and David introduced me to him. We shot a little hello video to our friends at TheAgeOf.info and then ended up going to Bar Louis which is also right at Patriot Place next to the stadium in a little plaza area. We met up there with the rest of the band and some new fans and talked and got drinks and just had a generally awesome time.

All I can say is Ö epic night. Surreal but really awesome.

Video clips and more stuff coming soon. Check here for more in the next couple days.

For those of you who ordered EPs through me, I will have those shipped out in the next 2 days.

1. The Rising
2. When It All Goes Away
3. Another Red Light
Digital Download of Hard To Believe at http://www.davidhodgesmusic.com/epdownload/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:36 am by h2a » Logged

iyiinsan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 07:48 am »

Dude, I got excited just by reading it... I probably would've fainted if I was actually there, in your place!

(I've met my share of celebrities and I still get nervous... Go figure.)

WorshipGuy
I will stay forever here

I'm a Tele man. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 01:21 pm »

Dude.  I am SO jealous.  I've been around for a long time.  I deserve a beer with DH.  Tongue

Do you want to go to the place they call freedom? Do you want to see like the free see?
blackvulture
Administrator
I will stay forever here

"so release me"

BVulture
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 02:16 pm »

We shot a little hello video to our friends at TheAgeOf.info
cant wait to see that. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3